Last Minute Tips to Host Your School’s Holiday Shop
Hosting My Holiday Fair is easy and straight forward, but here are a few pointers to remember:
- Stagger classrooms so smaller groups of students have time to look through the Santa shop.
- Ask 2 adults to run the shop: one person to run the cash register and another to help students who need it.
- Arrange the shop to make room for a line of students at the cash register.
- Students like to wait until the last minute to take their items to the register, so plan for time at the end of the shopping session to have the students finished shopping and get in line.
Here are some instructions teachers can give to students before entering the shop:
- Use this time to look for gifts for your friends, family, pets or yourself.
- Patiently wait your turn to look at a particular box or item
- Take the items you plan to buy to the cash register when you’re ready
- Ask a teacher if you need help
Check out this printable worksheet to help students start thinking about their shopping trip beforehand!